- Rubber Plant (Ficus Elastica)
Ficus elastica, also known as the rubber plant, is an unusual-looking varietal native to the tropics of Southeast Asia. It boasts oversized, oval-shaped leaves that are a rich emerald hue, and can grow quickly. If you are looking for an indoor plant that makes a bold statement, then look no further than a Rubber Plant.
Besides being an attractive low-maintenance plant, it also purifies the indoor air. “The large, dark, vibrant foliage of the rubber plant looks really beautiful and the plant with minimal care does a brilliant job of freshening up indoor air!
Rubber Plant Requirements
Water twice a week
Where to grow
Air Purifier, Mildly Toxic for Pets
Healthy Size Plants Only
Rubber Plant Tips:
- ● Sunlight: Place the plant on a bright and well-lit spot that receives indirect or morning sunlight. Avoid direct sunlight, especially in the afternoon sun. Otherwise, the leaves will eventually fall off.
- ● Soil: Use well-drained quality potting mix and a container with proper drainage.
- ● Water: Apply moderately, whenever the top one-inch of soil feels dry. Provide sufficient drainage to plant and avoid excess watering as it may cause root rot.
- ● Humidity: Rubber plant prefer moderately cool, moist, and humid air. For humidity, you can use a humidifier or set it on a tray with pebbles and water.
- ● Wipe and clean the leaves with a damp sponge once a week.
Frequently Brought Plants
Plants By Location
Copyright © 2023 leafylifestyle.in